Evolution of the Photographer – 2011 Masterclass Series
Second Masterclass of 2011 – Rottnest Island
‘the Artist’s Eye’.Tony Hewitt, AIPP Grand Master Photographer, Hon Fellow AIPP, and Denis Glennon AO, Member AIPP, present the third in their Masterclass series “The Evolution of the Photographer”.
The venue for this Masterclass is, again, one of Western Australia’s jewels of nature – Rottnest Island.
The Masterclass is scheduled for Sat 18th & Sun 19th June 2011, when we can experience the absence of the larger summer crowds and the different weather patterns of the island’s winter season.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MASTERCLASS:
- Seeing through the eyes of a Grand Master Photographer as he reveals images that others might miss
- Continuing the evolution of “You” the photographer
- Discovering the similarities of thought between the artist and the photographer as each prepares to create a painting or an image
- Learn from a distinguished West Australian artist as she reveals the part her “inner eye” plays in the process of exploring light, environment, seascapes, landscapes, heritage architecture, flora and fauna of the island as subject matters for her art
- Looking over the shoulder of the artist as she explains how her diversity of approach and subtle handling of her subject matter through the medium of water colour, draw inspiration from the many moods of the fragile nature of the Australian landscape about which she is passionate; the similarities with the photography of nature will astound you
- Develop your own “Artist’s Eye” and learn to photograph in your mind’s eye first
- Strengthening the connection between unbridled imagination, child-like curiosity, self-confidence and capture (or discerning when not to press the shutter)
- Exploring the simplicity of good composition and seeking and finding the elusive veil in which great photographs come cloaked, whether they be portraits, landscapes, seascapes or other
- Looking over the shoulder of a Grand Master Photographer as he “paints with pixels” to produce award winning fine art photography
- Enter the wonderful wide world of panoramic photography using simple stitching techniques to create your own stunning seascapes of the best bays on the island
- Participate in sunrise and sunset shoots as we discover the unique beauty and moods of Rottnest
WHAT IS INCLUDED
It is a “total package” event and includes:
- Return Rottnest Express Ferry tickets (depart Fremantle on Fri 17th June at 4.30pm, or 6.30pm and depart Rottnest Island on Sun 19th June at 4.30pm)
- Shared accommodation (six units, close together have been reserved for the exclusive use of Masterclass participants)
- All meals, (excluding alcohol) – dinner on Fri and Sat evenings, breakfast on Sat and Sun morning, lunch on Sat and Sun and morning & afternoon tea/coffee
- Transport to remote areas of the island for pre-dawn and sunset shoots such as Parker Point & West End
- Attendance at all Masterclass tutorials and shoots on Sat and Sun
- Helpful, constructive commentary on your images captured during the shoots
To read more about Tony’s recent awards, click: Tony Hewitt – A Brief Insight
HOW TO REGISTER
The all inclusive cost of the Masterclass is $1395.00 per participant, payable in full, on registration.
You may use Visa or MasterCard, or PayPal.
You will automatically receive a receipt upon payment.
This receipt is also your confirmation of registration; please retain it in a safe place.
To register, please click the “Pay Now” button below.
Please note registrations will be accepted strictly in the order received. The maximum number of participants in this Masterclass is twenty.
Should you wish to read the Terms & Provisions of Registration, please click: Terms & Provisions of Registration
If you have any queries before registering, please drop an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0418 923 103 or to
email@example.com or call him on 0411 555 508
Tony & I look forward to you joining us for what promises to be another rewarding weekend.